This has probably been the most irritating winter in a long time. I’ve been absent from the blog because, honestly, I have had nothing to blog about!
I have done absolutely nothing this winter.
Usually I have a restaurant or a weekend adventure to share but really, I’ve done N-O-T-H-I-N-G.
The past few months here in Pennsylvania it’s been snowing or freezing cold.
When it is 17 degrees, I just don’t want to do anything that involves taking off my flannel pajamas or slippers.
I did go to the mall!
As you can tell from the parking lot, I was the only one there.
Wait, let me rack my brain. There have been a few things I’ve done they didn’t didn’t involve travel.
- Cooking. I have been addicted to Pinterest and GreenLiteBites lately. My husband has been enjoying this recent obsession, but I would love to be able to cook on the grill and sit on my deck with a margarita!
- Eating. Well, that is a given. Thankfully, I have been cooking “good” things so this has not become too much of a problem.
- Cleaning. My baseboards have never been cleaner! Who cleans their baseboards unless they’re bored?
- Correcting papers. I’m a teacher, so spending most of my evenings on the recliner with a stack of papers on my lap is a given. Of course I’d much rather be taking a walk or playing with the dogs.
- Watching movies. My husband works for Comcast so we have every cable channel AND get movies half off. I have seen everything that has come out in the past 6 months. Don’t bother taking me to Redbox. I’ve seen it.
- Bitching about snow.
- Spending time with my granddaughter. She is so fun! We have spent many days running around the house playing tag, watching Dora, and doing lots of puzzles.
It is finally getting sunny and the weather is starting to clear. I can’t wait until school is over so I can be motivated again. Winter depression sucks.
What did you do this winter?